I do not accept any electronic payments via my website, therefore I will not hold your financial data. If you hire my services, then I will invoice you either by email or post. Therefore, your email address or postal address is all I require. I receive payment by electronic transfer.
From you, I collect the following data:
- Personal information such as your name, email address, contact details, postal address, details of your enquiry. This is from your initial enquiry via telephone, email or website form.
- Copies of correspondence, telephone calls, any documents supplied to quote a job.
- Agreed terms such as fees, hours worked, additional information to complete the project.
- Anonymous information collected from my website, such as pages viewed. Your personal details will not be identified; it is just for my knowledge on how my website is performing.
Use of Information
The data you give me, I can use to:
- provide you with a comprehensive and professional service.
- respond to any enquiries.
- inform you of my availability and any new services should be develop an ongoing business relationship.
- keep business and tax records.
- in-house business analysis for improving my products and services.
Storage of Information
I will keep any information you give me indefinitely, unless you ask me to delete them. I may have to keep some information, e.g. details of payment for tax purposes. I may archive documents and correspondence, such as the agreed style sheet and a record of our contract for services. This would provide a reference for future projects with you.
Control of Information
You may choose to change or restrict the information you give me by:
- Request details of personal data (as defined under the GDPR) I hold about you.
- Requesting that I change any incorrect or incomplete details I hold about you – this needs to be done in writing either by email or letter. These changes will be made promptly.
- Asking me to delete personal information, data and copies of documents after the project is completed. I will do this promptly except for the information I am required to keep by law or for tax purposes, e.g. name and address on invoices.
- Ask me to not use your information to tell you about my availability or any new services, or to ask me to stop contacting you regarding this if you have previously agreed – you can change your mind at any time.
I ensure that your information is secure with me at all times. I do this by:
- Using reputable providers for web hosting, password protection and cloud storage.
- All work is done on password- protected computers that only I have access to and control, including local storage of working documents and emails.
- Regularly backing up all documents and passwords (current and archive) to external hard drives which are in a locked location.
- Should a breach occur, I will inform you as soon as possible if I think your information may be vulnerable.
This website is made using WordPress and related plugins, some of which place cookies on your computer whilst you are using this site. The cookies are mainly to protect this site from spam attacks and are widely used to make websites efficiently work or provide basic information to the owners of websites. I’m just sorry these don’t come in a variety, especially with chocolate coating and comes with a cup of tea.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies via the browser settings. You can choose to block the cookies placed by this website, but if you do so parts of the site may not work properly or correctly.
Links to other websites